Hi, How Can We Help You?

Student Visa

Student Visa (Subclass 500)

From 1st July 2016, prospective international students who want to come to Australia must apply for a Student visa (subclass 500).

A simplified student visa framework (SSVF) has taken place to assess Student visa applications. The students will be evaluated as a regular or streamlined process based on the provider and country of passport.

If the visa applicant falls under the regular category, it is necessary to satisfy English language and financial capacity conditions including the general requirements. If the visa applicant falls under the streamlined class, it is not compulsory to provide the evidence of English language and financial capacity.

Eligibility Requirement


Our expert education consultants can also apply and obtain credits for students based on their past education qualifications and extensive job experience through recognition of prior learning (RPL).

  • If applying from outside of Australia, Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is needed for all intended courses.
  • If applying from inside of Australia, either letter of offer or CoE(s) – any one of them is required beforehand for visa processing.

Financial Capacity

The visa Applicants must have the legal proof of their financial capacity. The proof should also clearly show that they are eligible to pay their course fees and living costs in Australia (depending on family members).

Genuine Temporary Entrant

The genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement is an integrity test to ensure that the student’s real motivation while coming to Australia. The visa officer will judge you whether you are trying to go to Australia for studying or just wanting to live in Australia by having a residency permit.

Parental Consent And Welfare Arrangements

  • If anyone under 18 is applying for an Australian visa, but none of his parents/legal guardian is not applying for an Australian visa, then both parents must fill out and sign the 1229 consent form. This form will formally give affirmative decision from parents or legal guardian to gain Australian visa.
  • For student applicants who are below 18 years of age, proof of accommodation in Australian and general welfare must be provided.
  • If a child under the age of 18 is included in the visa application and one or both parents (or legal guardians) are not applying for an Australian visa, both parents will need to complete and sign the form 1229 – Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years.
  • For student applicants who are under 18 years of age, evidence of accommodation and welfare arrangements in Australia must be provided at the time of visa application lodgement.

Qualification and Employment History

The visa applicant must provide his past employment history as well as his educational qualification.

Dependent School Enrolment

If any dependent applicant(s) is 5 – 17 years of age, evidence of registration in an Australian school is required.

English Proficiency

If you are not exempted from English Language Test, then you must provide English language test score. There is a minimum of English Language Test Scores. Please follow this chart for more information.

Visa Entitlements

  • Main visa holder can study registered full-time course(s) in Australia.
  • Visa holder(s) can generally work a specified number of hours.
  • Visa holder(s) can generally stay in Australia until the course is finished.


The above requirements may not be the only requirements for your visa processing. The Australian Immigration Services often change their requirements for visas. We understand that applying for this visa without proper support and guidelines can be an arduous task for most new students. To ease up, we have an excellent team of Migration Consultants who will talk to you about the entire visa process. Please make the best use of our one-on-one visa. Please visit your nearest onshore office in Australia.