EA Skill assessment
This skill assessment helps the engineers to have their educational qualifications and work assessed including for migration purposes.
You need to apply online for a Migration Skills Assessment, choosing the pathway relevant to your membership eligibility.
Relevant assessment fees will apply if you require additional services (such as assessment of Skilled Employment and/or PhD comparability, etc)
Note: The Engineering Occupation and Category of the Migration Skills Assessment outcome may be different from the Stage 1 assessment outcome.
Before you apply
Following are the steps needed to assess your engineering qualification for the purposes of migration
English test results which should be provided as part of skills assessment
The three test results which are currently acceptable are IELTS, TOEFL iBT® and PTE ACADEMIC
Please note: TOEFL, PBT and Cambridge English tests are currently not accepted.
Accepted scores for English competency test
The minimum required scores for each module are indicated below
Engineers Australia on a case by case basis, accept multiple test results, provided that all the tests results are valid at the time of submission of the application, and the required score is reached for each module at least once.
Validity of English test result
On the day of receiving of application, your English test result needs to be no more than two years old.
Limited engineering experience
- If you have limited engineering experience you can still apply for an assessment of engineering qualification.
- Work Experience is not a necessary requirement.
Have different spellings of your names on different documents?
In case of such discrepancies you need to provide official name change documents, which may include:
Note: A Statutory Declaration or Affidavit will not be accepted as an official name change document.
Generally, Engineers Australia will consider the name appearing on the passport as your official name.
Lodging your Application
Creating of an EA ID on your behalf by a migration agent
If you already have a CID number or a membership number. Should you apply for a new EA ID number?
No, you should use your existing ID number with Engineers Australia and only apply for a password.
Adding additional services (e.g. Work Experience assessment or a PhD assessment) to an already initiated or lodged application
- Applicant, in such a case, need to cancel the un-submitted application by pressing cancel and start a new application
- You can select the type of service you require, at the beginning of any new application and can add the additional services to your new application at this point.
Note: Applicant cannot add additional services to a submitted application.
Adding documents to my application after having submitted and paid for it.
After the submission of the application, you will not be able to add documents.
Cancelling my application and getting a refund
- If the status of your application is “Awaiting Assessment” and that the application was submitted incorrectly, you may send an email to member services requesting to cancel your application.
- Note: your application processing time will reset when a new application is submitted.
Attaching certified copies to an online application
No, only high-resolution colour scans of original documents are accepted for online applications.
Do I have to upload all my documents at once?
- It is strongly advised that you have all documents ready to go before initiating an application.
- You have up to 60 days to complete and submit an application.
- If not submitted within this time period, your application will be automatically cancelled and you would have to start a new application.
Documents for an online application
During your Assessment
The outcome of online application.
Adding additional services (lodge a Secondary Application) to an already successful application
Not happy with the outcome of the assessment?
Not happy with the outcome of the review?
*How can we assist you? Please call our number mentioned on the website.
Or Contact Us