Hi, How Can We Help You?

Partner Provisional visa Subclass 309

Partner Provisional visa Subclass 309

This Partner Visa permits the de facto Partner or Spouse of an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident of Australia or an eligible citizen of New Zealand to dwell in Australia Temporarily. But, obtaining this visa initiates the process of proceeding towards the Permanent Partner visa (Subclass 100).

Eligibility Criteria

  • You must be in a genuine relationship with your spouse or de facto partner who is a citizen of Australia, permanent resident of Australia or an eligible citizen of New Zealand.
  • You need to be outside Australia at the time of applying for this visa and also at the time of grant of visa.
  • You and your family members must meet all visa conditions and obey Australian laws.

This visa permits you

  • Dwell and do job in Australia until decided upon Permanent Partner (Migrant) Visa(Subclass 100) or the application is withdrawn.
  • Entitled to enroll in study course (Without Government Aid)
  • Enroll for Medicare(Australia’s public healthcare scheme)
  • Enroll in free English Language classes up to 510 hours given by the Adult Migrant English Program.
  • To travel and from Australia as persistently as you wish.

Duration of Stay

  • Applicants can stay until decided upon Permanent Partner(Migrant) Visa(100) application or the application is withdrawn
  • Usually Stay is from 15 to 24 months.
  • In some situations, including where you have been in a long term relationship before you apply, you might not stay on the 309 visa at all. You might be granted the permanent visa immediately after grant of the temporary 309 visa.

Family Members

Members of the family unit can also be included in your application. You can:

*include them when you lodge your visa application

*add a dependent child after you lodge your application but before deciding on applicant’s temporary visa.

Family members who apply with you must:

  • Meet health and character requirements of Australian Government.
  • Be outside Australia

Family members can also be added after granting of the visa.


For the main applicant: AUD7,715

This fee covers both:

  • This temporary visa
  • The permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100)

Place to Apply from

Applicant must be outside Australia

  • When applying for this visa.
  • When deciding applicant’s temporary visa application.

Processing Times

  • 75% of applications: 17 months
  • 90% of applications: 25 months

Application, however, might take a longer time to process if not filled correctly.

  1.  All documents are not provided.
  2. It takes time by us for verification of your information
  3. Application cannot be processed if correct visa application charges are not paid. If that is the case, you will be notified.

Travel: – Applicant can travel inside or outside from Australia as many times as one wishes for.

Note: -Being the visa holder, first entry to Australia must be make before the date mentioned in your visa grant letter.

The first entry date is generally set at 12 months from the date of visa grant.

Visa label: – Your visa will be digitally linked to your passport so you will not  get label in your passport.

Conditions for Partner (Provisional) (Subclass 309) visa: –

  • 8502- Applicant must not enter Australia before the person specified in the visa (Main visa holder or applicant’s sponsor in the case of partner visa) has entered Australia.
  • 8515- Applicant must not marry or enter in a de facto relationship before entering Australia, otherwise visa might get cancelled.

Book an Appointment

  • We at Orange Global consultants offer the much-needed help so as to convince the Australian Immigration authorities about your actual intention to stay and work in Australia.
  • We do everything possible to present you as a true candidate and that you will adhere to all rules and commitments during your stay in Australia.
  • Also, we assure you that your interview round goes well, which is yet another growing step to get this visa in Australia.

*How can we assist you? Please call our number mentioned on the website.