Hi, How Can We Help You?

Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)

Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)

Do you have a partner living in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen? Are you looking for a pathway to live with your partner in Australia? Click here to know your eligibility! The applicant might be granted a Special Category visa(Subclass 444) which will cease their Prospective Marriage Visa.

  • Commonly known as a fiancé visa.
  • It is a Temporary visa (Permits an applicant to travel to Australia to marry his/her partner who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, within 9 months.)

An individual can

  • Move to Australia.
  • To enrol in a study course at the applicant’s own expenditure.
  • Travel

New Zealand Passport Holders: –

Passport holders of New Zealand need to let the immigration officer at the border know they have a Prospective Marriage visa. If not done, the Applicant might be granted a Special Category visa(Subclass 444) which will cease their Prospective Marriage Visa.

  • Stay: – This is a temporary visa. Stay time is up to 9 months from the date of grant.

Eligibility Criteria: –

  • Applicant must meet the Health and Character needs.
  • Family: –
  • Members of the family can be added to the application after applying, but before the visa is decided.
  • Family members, applying for the visa must qualify health and character requirements of the Australian Government.
  • Family members, even if not migrating to Australia, might also have to qualify character requirements.
  • Obligations: – It is necessary that you and your family abide by all laws of the Australian Government.
  • Your Marriage: – It is required that Applicant must enter Australia before the date mentioned on the grant letter.
  • Too, you must have married your Prospective spouse sometime recently the expiry of your Prospective Marriage visa
  • Marriage must be Substantial beneath Australian Law.
  • Have paid Outstanding debt (if any) to the Australian Government: – If the applicant or any family member of the applicant owes any debt to the Australian Government, it should be paid back.
  • Applicant’s age should be 18 years old or above
  • Needs to have a sponsor.
  • Should be the fiancé of the candidate.
  • Shouldn’t have been a sponsor of more than one applicant in the past.
  • Shouldn’t have been a spouse application sponsor in the previous 5 years.
  • Should be of good character.
  • The sponsor has the responsibility of
  • Money that the fiancé owes to the Australian government.
  • Employment of fiancé in Australia.
  • Fiancé adherence to the conditions of the visa.

Not be eligible: –

  • In the case of a Previous Cancelled Visa.
  • Visa is not granted if it is not in the friendly interest of an applicant under 18 years of age.

Note: -After granting of this visa, for settling in Australia, you need to apply Partner visa (820 & 801)

  • After your marriage
  • Before the end of the prospective marriage visa

Processing Time: –

75% of applications: – 17 months.

90% of applications: -20 months.

  • Application, however, also might take a longer time to process if not filled correctly.
  • All documents are not provided.
  • It takes time for us to verification of your information
  • You need to give accurate visa charges so as to your application be processed.

Cost: – From AUD 7,715

  • Additional charges are there for other family applicants applying.
  • Other costs include are those of health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
  • You’ll pay a fee for your Partner visa. You pay less for this visa in case you wed your planned companion and apply for the partner visa before the ending time of the Prospective Marriage Visa.

Process of Applying:

  • It consists of 3- step process
  • At first, you need to lodge a prospective marriage visa (Subclass 300), which if successfully granted will permit you to travel to Australia to marry your Prospective spouse within 9 months.
  • Once married, then Lodge a combined application for a temporary (Subclass 820) and a permanent visa (Subclass 801) at the same moment.
  • Too, you will be assessed for Subclass 820 visa, which, if granted, will permit you to migrate to Australia while your application will be processed for PR will be processed.
  • After 2 years of Lodgment, you will then be assessed for the subclass 801 visa. If your application is successful, you will be granted PR in Australia. An important aspect of the Assessment of visa 801 is if you are in a married relation with your Australian Partner in Australia.

Stay time:  Up to 9 months from the date of grant.

Steps Involved (in Applying): The Application form is lodged online.

Step 1. Before Applying: – just check.

  • Your Passport.
  • You might need to give health examinations before applying or you can wait until told to do so.
  • If you need further help in the application process, contact Orange Global Consultants.

Step 2. Gather all Evidence: –

  • Documents: – Identity Documents
  • Birth Certificate (With the name of parents)
  • Passport
  • National Identity card (if you own)
  • Character documents
  • Proof of name change(Certificate of Marriage or Divorce, Name change documents from Australian registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages or the applicable oversees Authority, Documents proving your other names by which you were known)
  • Your Relationship with Prospective Spouse.
  • Provide statuary declaration by a supporting witness in relation to a Partner or Prospective Marriage visa application.
  • The declarations must be completed by2 people who are
  • 18 years old or above.
  • Known to the applicant and his/her spouse or partner.
  • Know about Applicant’s relationship.
  • Provide evidence of your relationship with a prospective spouse, for instance,
  • Evidence that both of you have met face-to-face and know each other personally.
  • Proof such as from the person who will officiate at the wedding that applicant will marry his/her prospective spouse within 9 months of visa grant.
  • Statements showing the history of your relationship, for instance, first meeting, development of relation, engagement, together with activities, plans.
  • Prior Relationships

Provide: – Widowed, divorced documents, death certificates, documents of separation or statutory declarations in case you were previously married.

  • Character documents: – include
  • Form 80
  • Records of Military services(if served in the army of any nation)

Australian Police certificate: –

Include An Australian Police check if your age is above 16 and have spent a sum of 12 months or more in Australia since the age of 16.

  • Australian Police certificates are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of grant.

Overseas Police certificates: –

You need to provide a Police certificate from every country (including your own nation)

In which you have spent a sum of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since turning the age of 16.

  • Documents of dependents under 18 years of age.
  • Identity proof
  • Proof of their relationship with you (Birth or marriage certificate)
  • Character documents (if applicable)
  • Parental Responsibility documents: –You need to get approval for an applicant under 18 years of age to move to Australia from an individual who: –
  • Is not coming with the concerned child.
  • Has a right to decide (legally) where the child lives.

For that they must complete:

A statuary declaration that they are giving their consent to the child to migrate to Australia on this visa.

Another option is to show: –

  • Order of Australian court allowing the child to migrate to Australia.
  • The laws of your nation allow the child to move to Australia.

Include documents: –

  • An identity proof(Passport or Driver’s License)
  • Adoption paper (if applicable)
  • Documents of dependents over 18 years of age.
  • Identity proof
  • Proof of their relationship with you (Birth or marriage certificate)
  • Character documents.
  • Proof of dependency. Includes: –
  • Birth certificate or adoption papers
  • Proof of financial dependency for a minimum of 12 months before applying. For that provide: –
  • Proof of their current studying
  • Tax records of them
  • Proof that they live with you.

Dependents above 18 must be: –

  • Above 18 but not yet 23 years of age.
  • Above 23 years yet unable to support themselves due to physical or cognitive limitation.
  • Prepare your documents: –
  • You will need to translate all non-English documents into English.
  • Scan your documents or get them photographed in colour.
  • The scan must be a valid one.
  • Keep a replica of your completed application.

Step3. Visa Application: –

  • Visa is applied online, by providing correct and relevant information.
  • Consult our migration specialists for an easy-going process.

Step4. After Applying: –

  • The government of Australia will inform you after receiving your application and documents.
  • Travel: – You need not arrange the travel until your visa confirmation is not sent to you in writing.
  • Biometrics: – You will be let know in prior if there is a need for Biometrics.
  • Family unit: – Members of the family can be added to the application after applying but before the visa is decided.

Step5. The outcome of Visa: –

While deciding on your Permanent Partner Visa, you can be onshore or offshore. The outcome of the visa will be notified in a written manner.

  • During granting of your visa, we will inform you about your visa grant number, the date of start of your visa and its conditions.
  • In case of refusal of our visa, we will let you know the reason for refusal and if you have a right to a review of the decision.
  • The application fee is non-refundable.

Visa Label: –

Your visa will be digitally linked to your passport

Obtaining the visa (In Australia): – You must

  • Abide by all Australian laws.
  • Check your visa expiry and its conditions.
  • You must enter Australia by the date as mentioned in your visa grant letter.
  • Get married to your Prospective Spouse before the expiry of your Visa.
  • Check other conditions in your grant letter that you and accompanying family members have.
  • After granting this visa, for settling in Australia, you need to apply Partner visa (820 & 801)
  • After your marriage
  • Before the end of the prospective marriage visa
  • Let us know if things changes such as
  • Changes in your contact number, email, address or passport
  • Changes in relationship status.
  • The birth of a child.

Conditions for Prospective Marriage (Partner) (Subclass 300) Visa:

  • 8502- Applicant must not enter Australia before the person specified in the visa (Main visa holder or applicant’s sponsor in the case of partner visa) has entered Australia.
  • 8515- Applicant must not marry or enter in a de facto relationship before entering Australia, otherwise, visa might get cancelled.
  • 8519- You must marry the person specified in your visa application while your visa is valid.
  • 8520- If you are the primary holder of a subclass 300(Prospective Marriage) visa you must marry the person specified in your visa application before your visa ceases.

Book an Appointment

  • We at Orange Global consultants offer much-needed help so as to convince the Australian Immigration authorities about your actual intention to stay and work in Australia.
  • We do everything possible to present you as a true candidate and that you will adhere to all rules and commitments during your stay in Australia.
  • Also, we will assure you that your interview round goes well, which is yet another growing step to get this visa in Australia.

*How can we assist you? Please call our number mentioned on the website.